Where to start? There are many reason why you should use WordPress in 2019.
Reasons To Use WordPress
1. WordPress is fairly easy to use with it’s block building format while offering themes you can apply to get a basic structure of the website you would like as well as having a wide range of plugins you could use to make your website more functional. Apart from you having to manually set up the plugins you wish to use, the WordPress community tend to have a large amount of support forums/discussions.
2. WordPress is very customisable. WordPress offers a wide range of different customisability options with themes and plugins both of which have free and paid for everything you would need. It has plugins for (Structure, security, documentation management, clearing cache, e-commerce, SEO and more) and furthermore, it has many themes that can help the structure of your website. Some themes (Mainly Paid) are usually better developed and come with more features or more editing options, some themes also come with a couple of their own developed plugins that work best with that specific theme.
3. WordPress has many plugins that can help with SEO. From my experience YoastSEO is very good. This is because it tells you if your website is good or not for SEO/ranking purposes, YoastSEO is also easy to use because of how simple it is.
4. WordPress is very cheap, if you choose to run it from your home computer then essentially it is free, however if you plan to get your website recognised, running quickly and efficiently there is always an option to get a company to host it for you. For example, Siteground has many plans to suit their customers needs. This is why they provide suitable and affordable plans to suit a single website and/or multiple websites.
5. As well as WordPress already being safe and secure by asking for a username and password before being able to edit things on the website, other than that WordPress will also limit the amount of times you can get the password wrong before you get blocked out of the system. you can add many plugins that can make WordPress very secure. For example, iThemes Security is very good. This is because it allows you to block IP Addresses that you do not wish to access the website, it also allows you to change the back-end so nothing such as a bot can keep trying to access your admin panel or even get to the login page.
WordPress is a very good all purpose solution for making websites. WordPress is also always getting updates to make it better for the user, this is good as the developers are keeping up to date with their software and making sure that all issues that occur, will get fixed as soon as possible. WordPress is becoming increasingly more popular making it a viable solution for anyone to make a website. The only thing stopping you is your imagination for making your dream website.